Call Waiting - Doesn't Stop Showing Disconnected Call
mcashman

Hi, all!

I recently upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S4 and hoped a problem I noted on my earlier HTC handset would be cured, but it isn't.

I am on a call and take another call, which puts the first on hold. I finish the second conversation and the other party hangs up. The original call comes back on. Great. But...

• Dialer still shows both calls
  • Dialer shows the disconnected call as the active call and clocks time against it
  • I cannot remove the disconnected call through any action

Does anyone know what is going on? Is this a dialer defect or a phone / network problem? Is there any non-standard dialer that fixes this?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

- Mark

0 Likes
Re: Call Waiting - Doesn't Stop Showing Disconnected Call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your call waiting feature to be as convenient as possible mcashman! Your device is operating properly with the call waiting feature. What specific task are you hoping to accomplish with caller id?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Hey, ever since the latest update call waiting is BROKE!!.  There is NO way to disconnect a caller without disconnecting BOTH!!  This is unaceptable for business people like myself.

I need the following:

1.  How to roll back this so called update?

2.  Or please outline a step by step procedure to fix this.

Also, where is call imaging?  This is just ONE example of features that native Android supports that Verizon does NOT.  Why?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Schtefan, I can certainly understand your frustration w/ this matter. Unfortunately, there is not a way to revert to the previous software version. I want to troubleshoot this! Can you try this:http://vz.to/17UpkK7 and retest?

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
bsnguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same question, here... this is not something fixable with safe mode. The question is simple; once I answer the incoming call via call waiting, how do I hang up on that call and go back to the original caller who is on hold? I don't want to switch. I don't want to hang up on both.

Seems this is impossible, but should not be.

What are the steps to make this work?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bsnguy, the possibilities are endless on our network. When recieving an incoming call while on the line, you are provided with the option to swap calls which allows you to toggle between the two callers. Here's a few more facts about the Call Waiting feature: http://vz.to/16NrKem

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bsnguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems the possibilities are not endless; there is exactly one way

suggested to make this work. Where is my "send" button, however? Come

on, folks. This is just silly.

When I answer my incoming call, I'm connected, but I have no way to

switch between the calls that I can find (on my G4). If I hang up on

one, they both drop.