Re: Call filter app "can't connect to servers"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have been having this issue Salesguy. Did you change devices? When did this start? Have you deleted and readded this app? 

0 Likes
hornf137
Enthusiast - Level 1

brand new Unlocked Samsung S21 ultra wont connect to servers. the filter worked fine with my S9. I need this feature as the amount of calls i get is ridiculous

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hornf137, congratulations on your new phone. As you are inundated with calls I know how important this feature will be. There are a few things that may interfere with the Call Filter one of the biggest would be Spam Blocks. If you have Spam Blocks turned on, please disable this and then give this a try for us. As we want to ensure that the service itself is working are you able to successfully place calls, send messages and use data with and without Wi-Fi? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kirbx
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do you mean by Spam Blocks? how do we turn this off?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion. To clarify, do you have other third party Spam Blocks? -EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
dsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem. Unlocked Galaxy S21 Ultra. It's provisioned on the backend for $3/month too. 

Dear Big Red,

Rather than posting ridiculous things like reinstalling the app, can we just acknowledge this is an issue on Verizon's end? Pretty obvious when this is the first thing that comes up on google when searching verizon call filter can't connect. I mean hello?

Replying with the same copy and paste nonsense answers is not effective and useless. It's something on the server end and not the users. Get it to the right people so they an update can be pushed out asap. 

Looking forward to it being fixed in 2 years. 

kirbx
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes it seems like if you didnt buy your phone directly from verizon call filter doesnt work. Dsmoke is right please address this to the right people because its frustrating. 

dsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did get a hold of Call Filter support directly. 

They directed me here. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ 

No native support for unlocked devices, period. Pretty lame. 

Especially my plus subscription is still provisioned on the back end for $3 a month and they block the front end on purpose. 

Verizon why do you have to be so difficult?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsmoke,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with this feature. We always want to support our customers in any way we can. Devices that aren't made for our network aren't always compatible with our products in full though. Because they weren't made for us, we don't have the same documentation and resources on them either. We're always glad to help with anything we can regarding them, but there will be times that our options are limited or a product may not work well with them. One way to avoid that is to get a phone specifically made for our network which we can still unlock after a short period of ownership to give you the same freedom of an unlocked device.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
ewalt001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, unlocked (because this is what BestBuy had). Are you saying I can not use Verizon's Call Filter program?