Calls Not Coming Through or Not Ringing (Galaxy s21 Ultra)
bpendrak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in sales and have, apparently, garnered a reputation with the delivery drivers for not answering my phone. Beyond there, obviously, being times that I just cannot answer, it is being portrayed as a constant issue and has put me in a tough situation with management. I recently had two situations occur where the driver claimed to have called several times before I finally answered. They have stated that it would sometimes go straight to voicemail while, on other occasions, ring between 1 to 3 times before transferring to vm.  For whatever reason, they are not leaving a voicemail and management is acting as if it is a huge issue to ask them to do so. Of course, this makes zero sense to me as it would ensure that I receive a record of the call in the form of a vm notification regardless of whether or not I receive a missed call notification. In these two instances, when looking at my call logs, both on the phone and on Verizon's site, I am only showing incoming calls in the instances where I answered and had a conversation. I have presented these logs to management to defend myself  but stated that I would continue to research what the issue might be. So... is there any light someone can shed as to why this is happening and / or how to stop, or at least minimize, this from happening? 

Labels (1)
Re: Calls Not Coming Through or Not Ringing (Galaxy s21 Ultra)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
ISpy3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was this fixed?  I have this exact problem. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected. Are you having issues with missing calls from specific callers?

EllisandraC_VZW

mizike29
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S10 5G has been doing this for over a YEAR and looking at the forums this is a KNOWN ISSUE that has been occurring on multiple phones and for multiple years. I ALSO FOUND OUT by PEOPLE BEING angry AT ME, thinking I WAS IGNORING THEM. Then found out from my parents and significant other.  Now I have missed MULTIPLE JOB OPPORTUNITIES as the calls do not show missed, it doesnt ring but goes to voicemail and doesnt even NOTIFY you of a voicemail.  What I found was calls on MESSENGER from the same people work fine, so this is a 4g 5g phone line issue with verizon.  SO NOW I HAVE TO CHECK MY VOICEMAILS EVERY DAY just to make sure I dont miss any calls. So ridiculous for as much as we pay for this service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, does this happen with every contact, or are there specific contacts? *Estevan

0 Likes
shark3579
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue constantly! Just missed an appointment for that reason. 

shark3579
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been a fix for this issue. This does not happen to every contact or any specific contacts. It just happens while my phone is in 5G. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Missing calls is not the experience we ever want for you or any of our customers and we apologize for your inconvenience. We'll do everything we can to get this resolved.

We've noted your reference that this is not happening  to every or specific contacts, but that it's happening when your pone displays a 5G signal.

Is this happening while you'er indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Please reboot your phone while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks! -Robert C.

0 Likes
alrandall67
Enthusiast - Level 3

They replaced my phone and my sim card and its still happening.  I am so disgusted its not even funny.  Not to mention I still have problems with making calls and sending texts. My new problem is the phone is sending random old text messages. 

0 Likes