Re: Calls cut out on S21 Ultra after June 2022 Update
BBL128
Enthusiast - Level 2

Continuing saga from my previous post. The "Advanced Customer Service Tech", Zak, who said he'd call back a week later after contacting Samsung, never did. No surprise. I used the link https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/leader/contact/922789 provided by @clevnull to submit a complaint to corporate. Received a response (probably canned) the next day asking for time and method to contact me. E-mail from cersweexecutiverelations AT verizonwireless DOT com stated they received my complaint from Manon Brouillette, EVP & Group CEO-VZ Consumer. Also stated not to hesitate to contact them directly at 800-779-2067. I responded to call my landline because, well, my cell isn't working! They didn't call me at the date/time I specified. Again, no surprise. Of course I responded via e-mail with my frustrations. I called the 800 number and left a message for "Carlos". No response, no surprise. HEY FOLKS! PLEASE inundate them with your complaints via the e-mail or 800 number above! I noticed Manon has a Twitter account, so if you Twitter, go for it! Reddit forum said Samsung is supposed to drop a bug fix end of July. Well, it's the 27th!! We just need updates about the fix!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you receive your promised follow-up calls is definitely important, BBL128. I regret to hear that this has not been your experience so far, especially from our executive office. We are here to help make sure the call quality issue with your S21 gets resolved. I've sent you a private note to gather some more details. -Joseph

0 Likes
BBL128
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received a callback from Carlos in Executive Relations...on my cell...was cutting out...he called my landline. lol He heard the same thing that Samsung will send a software update fix end of July/beginning of August. He said Verizon couldn't publicize it because it wasn't their issue. Said Verizon gave out tons of replacement phones before they knew it was a Samsung issue. He's not sure why Samsung hasn't sent a press release, but said Samsung had to figure out exactly who was affected and what caused it before working on a fix. (Should have read all the blogs! lol) Altho I read Samsung was deleting all complaints because there were so many (*hint *hint), I shall pursue until this is fixed! 😁

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't you experiencing any service issues with your device. We'll be happy to help. Could you please tell us what troubleshooting steps you've completed so far? Could you also confirm if you are having the same issue?~Christian

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Christian,

May I make a suggestion, please go back to school for writing 101, before you write another reply to the customers of Verizon. Just a suggestion... Terrible English, to say the least.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details. We'd like to take a closer look. We've sent you a private message to better assist you. ~Christian

0 Likes
Janp9194

Yes yes yes since June!

0 Likes
tmifirefli1

I am having the same issue and it is extremely frustrating and dangerous since this affects all my calls and could be life threatening in an emergency situation. I no longer have a landline phone so someone needs to fix this before it is a life or death situation. I have already done factory resets and it is still an issue. It is a problem no matter where I am and it happens even when I am on wifi calling.  Someone, please help us fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry hear about the frustration and issues you're having with your service, BBL128. I realize you need help with your situation and that you spoke with Executive Relations. Please send us a private message so we can review things and see if we can add to what you were informed about.  

-Ed

0 Likes
Re: Calls cut out on S21 Ultra after June 2022 Update - FIXED?
BBL128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read in a different forum that an update was available, G991USQU5CVG9. I didn't get a notification so I checked my settings...and voila, there was an update! I downloaded it and tested it by calling Verizon Support since I know it would take time before a person answered. After a couple minutes, there was no cutting out! Crossing my fingers! Since this was such an important update to fix a huge problem, I'm surprised I didn't receive an 'update available' notification like I usually do. So check for Software Updates in your Settings! Good luck!