Calls don't go to Voicemail
Deb1113

When my cellphone    (Samsung Galaxy 21) is shut off, and I get a call, instead of going to voicemail, the phone doesn't pick up the call. Instead, the caller gets a message saying we're sorry, your call cannot be answered at this time. Everything is fine if the phone is on and I don't pick up. Then, it will go to voicemail after 3/4 rings.

I'm hoping someone here can figure this out. I have spent hours (5 yesterday) with Verizon messaging and tweeting. They have tried various solutions, none of which have worked for more than a day or two. The only solution which has worked, albeit for a short time was adding enhanced voicemail. But, obviously that isn't the answer. I'm hoping for a resolution of this matter.

Thanks so much.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls don't go to Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Deb1113! I understand you are having issues with your voicemail on your device when it is shut off, and I am here to help in any way I can. Let's move to a Secure Channel to exchange information privately and allow account access for troubleshooting. Just click on the link below and send a message in the new window that appears.

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

Thank you! *Ayesha

0 Likes
Deb1113

The page won't load. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, Deb1113. How may we assist you today? What exact page will not load? Please share the details. 

-Shelly

0 Likes
PhillyDeb

The page to the secure channel that is in the reply to my original post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PhillyDeb, can you please confirm what exactly is the problem you are having with your device? What type of phone do you have? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
Deb1113
  • If you read my initial post at the top of this chain you will see what the problem is and which phone I have. I have no intention of repeating myself. 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Deb1113! We will be sending you a Private Note to continue this conversation, and get this resolved for you. *Bryan

0 Likes
Deb1113

After spending hours messaging with Verizon and since my phone is under warranty, they are sending me a refurbished phone. But, they told me not to use my current Sim card since that may be corrupted, but to go to a Verizon store and get a new one.

0 Likes