Calls fading in and out after oreo
SAPPHIREFALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the oreo update on my Samsung s8+ my calls are fading in and out. Sometimes the voices sound digitized also. I have turned off advanced calling, no change. The issue is happening both over bt and through phone only. I would appreciate some input.. any suggestions? Thank you

Re: Calls fading in and out after oreo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having the ability to make phone calls without having them fade in and out. We're here to assist, and we're sorry about the issues you're having. What zip code is this happening in? Are your calling issues usually indoors vs outdoors? Also do you know if anyone else is experiencing similar calling issues in your area?  

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DORASH7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm traveling when this happens now since the mar 31st update. seems like when its doing a cell tower hand off is when the call fades or goes completely silent. If you stay put on one tower its fine. So its not a localized area and I have done all the stuff to make sure that none of the apps are causing the problem as in running safe mode. I have done resets with no luck. there is a corrupt file in the last update which need to be looked at

SAPPHIREFALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is always outdoor in my car connected via bluetooth. My wife has the s7and it does not do it in the same vehicle. It began immediately after the recent update. Interesting comments by dorash7 below, I have not paid attention to tower hand off. Zip is 92584.

DORASH7
Enthusiast - Level 3

97401 but I travel all of Oregon 5 days a week. unit is s8+. I have just did a factory reset will see what happens

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the update and the information as it relates to the faded calls, Sapphirefalls. Let me continue to help with this issue. No service alerts are being reported in the area. How are the calls when not connected to your bluetooth? Did the hard reset help with the issue?  

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DORASH7
Enthusiast - Level 3

done factory reset did not help. tech support talking to engineers to find a solution

DORASH7
Enthusiast - Level 3

programmers should have a patch in 24 to 72 hours. I've done most of the leg work for them.

SAPPHIREFALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard reset did not help. I have not noticed anything off of Bluetooth but I rarely use my phone not connected so to dorash7 comment about the towers, that makes sense. Thank you both for the assistance.

doublegnc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also experiencing the same issues.  Since the update to version G955USQU2CRB9, I began experiencing calls fading in and out when near my house and local area where I've never had connectivity issues before.  I thought that disabling the Advanced Calling / HD Calling that it may help, but the only difference I noticed on my phone was that the 4G icon was constantly grayed out but it did not improve the call quality at all.

Right now I have had to revert back to my home phone to make phone calls.  If needed, my ZIP code is 28144.  Please let me know if anything else is needed or if there are any updates or fixes for this.