Calls going straight to voicemail, no missed call notifications
WrobelMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got a new Galaxy S10 and I have been having a problem with receiving calls sometimes. It is not all the time, which is even more frustrating. Sometimes I will get a notification that I have a new voicemail and I don't even have a record of a missed call on my phone. It never rang, and the person who called me tells me it went straight to my voicemail without even ringing on their end.

I have tried a number of steps recommended in other forums, and none of them work:

• Calling *73 to disable call forwarding - didn't change anything
  • Turning off Do Not Disturb mode (it was never on)
  • Restarting - this will sometimes make it work, but I have no idea when it stops working again, just know that when I receive a voicemail with no missed call it started again
  • Reset network settings - doesn't help at all

I have full service and wifi, it doesn't matter based on location. I have no idea why it is sometimes working and sometimes not. Does anyone know of other steps I can take?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls going straight to voicemail, no missed call notifications
WrobelMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to solve my issue by going to a Verizon store and getting a new SIM card. Apparently they recommend replacing the SIM every 3-5 years and mine was in that range. Now I don't have any issues receiving calls!

View solution in original post

WrobelMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Other steps I have taken that haven't solved this permanently:

• I tried removing the SIM card and reinserting it. This helped temporarily, but a day or two later the problem returned
  • I tried turning off wifi-calling and checking that Bluetooth was off and I am not connected to a Bluetooth headset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to receive calls, WrobelMJ. Thank you for providing us with the steps you have completed. We can certainly look into this further and find a solution. When did you start experiencing this problem? Is the software up to date on your device?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
WrobelMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

The software is up to date. I activated the phone on June 25th and it has been happening intermittently since then.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we are here to help keep you connected. We would like to take a closer look at this matter. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we want you to be able to use your device with ease. Please respond to this Private Message to proceed.

0 Likes
WrobelMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there, the problem has resurfaced despite turning off wifi calling, so I would like to continue troubleshooting this. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated, WrobelMJ. We can certainly continue troubleshooting this problem. We have sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
WrobelMJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to solve my issue by going to a Verizon store and getting a new SIM card. Apparently they recommend replacing the SIM every 3-5 years and mine was in that range. Now I don't have any issues receiving calls!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WrobelMJ,

That's definitely a relief. We want to make sure you get the service you need. Do you have any other questions or anything else we can help with?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes