Camera can't save photos to SD card
DUCKY69247

Galaxy S7 can't save photos to SD card. Couldn't on Android N, still can't on Android 8.

Removing, testing card in computer, and reinserting in phone do not help. Camera app crashes intermittently while trying to set storage location to SD card.

0 Likes
Re: Camera can't save photos to SD card
bearone21
Legend

have you selected, within camera settings, to save pics to sd card??

0 Likes
DUCKY69247

Really? That's it? A single stupid question that I answered in mine? I really want to know why my phone reads my card as corrupt but I can take it out and my PC reads it just fine... The issue with saving photos to the SD card happened before updating to Android 8, but this new problem with it reading as corrupt has never happened before updating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DUCKY69247, 

We certainly don't want you having any issues in saving your pictures. I appreciate the information you have provided, but I'd like to ask you the results of testing the card in the computer. Were the pictures on the computer when you entered the SD card? Have you tried the following steps to move the pictures:

http://spr.ly/6582DmP6o

You also mentioned that the camera application is crashing intermittently when trying to make the transfer. Please try clearing the cache on the camera application: http://spr.ly/6583DmP6U;

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DUCKY69247

The SD card is recognized without issue in the PC, as mentioned.

The app I used to move pictures from the phone to the SD card is Samsung's My Files app, since my other file manager app doesn't want to do it.

The camera couldn't save pictures to the SD before I attempted to move them, before I updated my OS. (The only reason I moved them was because the Camera acted like it was going to be able to save my pictures properly to the SD card after the update.

I would attempt to clear the cache on the camera application, but there doesn't seem to be that option, and your linked support article cannot be found.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a result of something I've done wrong, especially since it persists from one Android version to the next.

0 Likes
DUCKY69247

Correction: Now the card can't even be read in the PC. Android 8 has corrupted my SD card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, DUCKY69247. It's important we get to the bottom of this and find out what's going on with the SD card. Has there been any damage to your device or SD card? How much space is available on the SD card,  http://spr.ly/6589DmWgv? Have you tested a different SD card in the phone?

Danielle_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

The only thing I can offer is that SD cards do die from time to time and if the phone tells you it is corrupt, regardless of how it happened it cannot be saved. From experience of this happening to me I now backup my photos and most importantly I have been removing the SD card from the phone prior to applying any update. I haven't lost a card in 3 years.

Have your tried a brand new card in your phone since the update to Oreo?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we help you as much as we can, DUCKY69247. Have you tried the SD card on another device or tried a different SD card in the phone? A recommendation would be to format the SD card and then try again. Let us know if this makes a difference. 

Roger_VZW

0 Likes