Can I change network modes to get service?
MJR970

When I'm in a very desolate area of northern Nevada where I'm not getting service but a friend is with a different carrier can i switch the network mode my Galaxy S8 to get service? My S8 is on Global mode and he has ATT.

0 Likes
Re: Can I change network modes to get service?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Global mode works best for most areas, in some  limited service areas switching the network mode may force some sort of connection if the phone had been continuing to scan for multiple different available network types. If the only network available is actually At&t there it probably wouldn't help right where you are though as those 2 carriers don't have many roaming agreements with each other

0 Likes
Re: Can I change network modes to get service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJR970 it sounds like you had the phone on the best setting for traveling. Even if we do not have cell towers in a particular area, being on global would allow you to pick up another provider's tower when applicable.

deloused is right on point with his response.

Keep in mind, if you have access to WiFi in Nevada, you will be able to set up WiFi calling http://vz.to/2fikfFZ.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes