Can I change the location of the mute button on a call?
deckm00

Is there a way to change the caller interface, the one you see while you're talking to someone?  I keep hitting the Mute button that's in the lower right-hand corner by mistake a lot and people hang up on me before I realize it.  Is there a different app I can use that'll give me more flexibility?  I'm using Galaxy S5, v6.0.1.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unwanted mute while talking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We always want you to have the best device that works with you. You can see if a 3rd party calling/dialer application might work for you. We can also see if getting a new device would work. You can check how the interface of a device works by using our Simulators online. This way you can see if a device has the features and look that you want. Check out our simulators here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/simulators/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should just keep the ear piece up against your ear. There is a sensor there that detects light and if you pull it away from your ear it lights up the screen causing the ability for it to be touched.

If you make a phone call and put your finger over the speaker and the screen stays on you should  close all apps and then restart the phone and try again. If that doesn't work take it to a Verizon Corporate store.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Let's make sure that we stop people from hanging up on you, deckm00. How long has this been going on? When you're talking on the phone, does the screen ever time out (go black)? Or does your screen stay on all the time while on the phone? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deckm00

Thank you for the suggestion but that's not going to work for me.  I know the jury's still out but I have an aversion to holding that little radio transmitter against my head so I use a bluetooth headset or through my car speakers every chance I get.   I know BT is microwave also but I figure it must be a fraction of the phone itself and I only wear it when I'm on a call otherwise it stays in my pocket.  Anyhow it happens even when using it as a speakerphone because the mute button is so close to the edge it's very easy to touch accidentally.  I just wish I could move it to a different location on the screen!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We always want you to have the best device that works with you. You can see if a 3rd party calling/dialer application might work for you. We can also see if getting a new device would work. You can check how the interface of a device works by using our Simulators online. This way you can see if a device has the features and look that you want. Check out our simulators here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/simulators/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You made it sound like there was an issue with the phone operating properly which sounds like is not the case. Using the phone on speaker leaves the screen active. You can exit the phone app and your call will stay active or you can simply lock the screen and that should take care of the issue. When the other caller hangs up it will disconnect so you don't have to go back into the phone to hang up.

0 Likes