Can I get different notification sounds for text and email?
Donnagk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to get different notification sound for text messages and email messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notification Sounds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Looking through my Samsung S5, I located where the sound settings for Email are hiding, Donnagk.
When you open the app called Email, tap the upper right corner 3 dots, and then tap Settings.
The Settings screen comes up, and there tap on “Manage accounts” .
On the next screen choose your email address.
You will then be able to swipe down to Notification sound to change the Email alert sound.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

ke4uzi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Download Zedge from playstore,it has a lot of ring tones and notifications. Pick one you like download it then goto you notifications menu and assign it as default or open the app you want a different tone in and under settings set to a different tone there.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Customizing your alerts is a must, Donnagk. We are happy to assist in making sure there’s a different sound for each. What is the make and model of the phone you are using?

DavidHH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Donnagk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I have a Samsung 5 S Copper Gold.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The post by ke4uzi is correct and will work for any Android phone including the Samsung Galaxy S5 and many other OS types of phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Looking through my Samsung S5, I located where the sound settings for Email are hiding, Donnagk.
When you open the app called Email, tap the upper right corner 3 dots, and then tap Settings.
The Settings screen comes up, and there tap on “Manage accounts” .
On the next screen choose your email address.
You will then be able to swipe down to Notification sound to change the Email alert sound.

DavidH_VZW

Donnagk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you - that worked. However there was no button with correct answer when I went to the community forum.

Donna Kmelius

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The correct answer button is only available on the desktop view of the community. It is right below each post to allow you to pick whichever post is correct.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

fmjva

I have a Samsung s6. I just purchased the Samsung S20 FE and you no longer have the knock notification available. That has been assigned to a very favorite person and I would like to find a way to keep it

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes