Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Can I reduce the hot spot speed to save data...is it possible?
jfcutter

I can't seem to find an answer to this on the Verizon site or community.  What I want to do is make my 30 gigs of tethering (I'm on the new Get More Unlimited Plan) last longer, like a month of sporadic use instead of a boom of high speed data then a bust.

Specifically, it now streams at a high data use speed (10++ mbs) until I hit the 30 gigs hotspot limit then I'm throttled back to the <600 kbs.  What I would like to do is to reduce the speed - say to 3-4 mps (which works for all my needs fine) - so that the data will last longer through my billing cycle.

Is there a way to do this either on the phone or the Verizon website?  I can't find it if there is.  Would like to eliminate the "boom and bust" data cycle if possible.

Bill

Re: Can I reduce the hot spot speed to save data...is it possible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jfcutter That is a great idea. There is not an option to lower the speed. However, we can review your plan to see if there is a better plan for your needs. Please see the private message we sent you here in this forum.

0 Likes
Re: Can I reduce the hot spot speed to save data...is it possible?
jfcutter

Thanks.  That is why I can't find anything about it...it isn't possible.  I don't see any way to access the noted "private message" however.

William (Bill) Lindsey

0 Likes