Can I revert to the previous verison prior to the Nougat upgrade - Samsung Galaxy S6?
HHAZE24

I got the upgrade this morning.  I'm not sure why, but now my screen will stay black even when the phone is on, and I cannot get it to go away unless I press and hold home, power, and volume up. This causes the phone to restart.  This is extremely frustrating.  Can anyone give advice on how to fix this or how to revert back to the previous version?  This is terrible and I know I can't be the only one impacted. Ugh!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nougat upgrade - Samsung Galaxy S6
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Once your phone updates there is no way to get it back to the previous version.When you hold the home-power-volume up it should take you to the recovery mode. If you can get it to go in recovery mode try clearing the cache partition then reboot. It will clear all the old files out of it 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Nougat upgrade - Samsung Galaxy S6
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Once your phone updates there is no way to get it back to the previous version.When you hold the home-power-volume up it should take you to the recovery mode. If you can get it to go in recovery mode try clearing the cache partition then reboot. It will clear all the old files out of it 

0 Likes