Can I send a group text to more than 20 people?
VCW

Okay, I am new to the Verizon Family.  I used to have a Galaxy 3 on the US Cellular network and I was able to send 150 text messages at the same time using the GO SMS Pro third party app.  All I had to do was create a group in my contacts and then access the group in the messaging service.  Since I switched to the Verizon Network and upgraded to the S4, I have not been able to send group messages using either the stock messaging service or the GO SMS Pro third party app.  I can create groups, but cannot access them once I go into the messaging service. This is a service that I really need!

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No GROUP TEXT?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying VCW. We don't have an application that allows more than 20 contacts in a group message. There may be 3rd party apps that allow this, but we don't support it, meaning, we can't guarantee it will work and we cannot troubleshoot it. I apologize.

Additionally, you are able to add Call & Message Block for free, which will block up to 5 numbers. The block automatically falls off in 90 days, but you can add back on, (still at no cost), when it falls off. To have permanently blocked, you can add block up to 20 contacts. For additional details, please see links below.

Call & Message Block: http://bit.ly/RXRlvK
Family Base: http://vz.to/IpPCNR

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello VCW, I have the same phone as you and have just the steps to get your group saved to access in messages! The first step is to create your group. Go to Contacts and at the top select Groups. Assign the contacts you want in one group by clicking the plus sign. Once your group is created, go to the stock messaging app and at the right handside click the icon next to enter recipient. There will be different options at the top bar again and you will select group. A list with your groups will appear and then you can select a group and compose the message.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
VCW

I know how to set up groups and send a message but it simply wasn't working on my phone initially.  My question now is what about sending text messages to more than the 20 limit set up by the stock messaging service?  On my Galaxy 3 on the US Cellular network, I used a 3rd party app that would let me send texts to a group of 150+ contacts.  With this Galaxy 4 on Verizon I cannot do that.

I have read on other forums that Verizon sets limits and restrictions on what phones can or cannot do on their network.  For example, on my G3 on US Cellular's Network, I could add a contact to the Reject List and it would block them from calling me and sending me texts.  On the G4 on Verizon, when I add a contact to the reject list, it only blocks calls--not texts.  Another forum said that this is a Verizon-specific issue as G4s on other networks still block both.  So I'm wondering if Verizon's network set-up also prevents any attempt from 3rd party apps to send texts to more than 20 people.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying VCW. We don't have an application that allows more than 20 contacts in a group message. There may be 3rd party apps that allow this, but we don't support it, meaning, we can't guarantee it will work and we cannot troubleshoot it. I apologize.

Additionally, you are able to add Call & Message Block for free, which will block up to 5 numbers. The block automatically falls off in 90 days, but you can add back on, (still at no cost), when it falls off. To have permanently blocked, you can add block up to 20 contacts. For additional details, please see links below.

Call & Message Block: http://bit.ly/RXRlvK
Family Base: http://vz.to/IpPCNR

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
YeshuaSaves

Verizon - have you found a solution to o this yet? This is a major issue for users not being able to add 20 contacts to a group text? 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes