Can I switch from contract phone to prepaid?
jackson7577

Someone gave me a Samsung Galaxy S5 that is out of contract. I have a prepaid plan and would like to replace my current phone with this phone but I want to keep my same number. Can I replace the sim card that is in the Samsung and then just switch devices?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: switching from contract phone to prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That was very kind of them to give you that phone, jackson7577! I can certainly understand wanting to keep your same number with the new phone. Great news! You can switch out to the other phone right through your My Verizon account online. Click here to log in and swap the phone: http://spr.ly/6588859zs.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That was very kind of them to give you that phone, jackson7577! I can certainly understand wanting to keep your same number with the new phone. Great news! You can switch out to the other phone right through your My Verizon account online. Click here to log in and swap the phone: http://spr.ly/6588859zs.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Matt25

How can I switch contract phone to prepaid

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If you mean move your number to prepaid from a postpaid account, go to a company store and they will move you over and help you start a new plan.  

Changing a phone on existing service is already given in the earlier post 

0 Likes