Can Verizon Installed Apps Be Removed From Galaxy s7 Edge?
Steve07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really regret buying a bloated phone. this takes up storage and uses batterylife

bloatware.PNG

if verizon gets rid of its bloatware, that will be another selling point for its phones

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can verizon get rid of the bloatware on galaxy s7 edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most out of your device is very important. One thing you can do is turn the applications off or disable them. Here are the steps: 

1.) Go to: Settings -> Application Manager

2.) Find the crapware app you dislike and open the app info

3.) Press "Clear Cache" "Clear Data" "Turn Off"/"Disable" & uncheck "Show Notifications"

While this doesn't physically uninstall the app from the phone, it does shut it down and removes it from the App Drawer.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can disable the applications and turn off the notifications for each of the disabled applications.

If you truly wanted a phone where all the pre-installed applications are removable, you could have gotten a Pixel model of phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with OP, its ridiculous, I would like to see the usage statistics of the preloaded Verizon apps, the only app I could see being useful is the Verizon support app. As for your post Ann154, the Pixel isnt for everyone, sure its a great phone but it doesnt have removable storage amongst other things, which is the reason i went with the S7 Edge. In all fairness with having to pay outright or finance the phone, they should NOT have any bloatware on it. With devices not being subsidized there's no reason for version to put their apps on the phone as we are now paying FULL price on these devices.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Slacker Radio isn't a Verizon Wireless exclusive application. So who do you complain to about that one?

Complain Samsung about allowing agreements with the carriers to create carrier variants with carrier applications. They could have made one universal model for each phone model like Motorola and Google have done.

With 128 GB of internal storage who needs an SD card? I haven't needed one for years and my previous phone only had 32 GB of storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Steve07
Enthusiast - Level 2

With a micro SD slot, you can get up to 256 GB in storage. You might say why should you care with all that storage. Even if you don't care about storage, the bloatware impacts the battery life with it running in the background (android phones already don't have the best battery life).

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The disabled applications don't affect the battery life. I have disabled multiple applications on several devices including a Samsung device or two and those disabled applications don't run so there isn't an impact on the battery.

Steve07
Enthusiast - Level 2

20170127_093149.png

You can't even disable those two applications

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with you that the voicemail application can't be disabled. However I have personally disabled the MyVerizon application on several phones. The voicemail never used any battery charge on my phones because I let the Android system manage my power usage and since I never opened the voicemail application it figured out to never load it into the memory.

0 Likes
Steve07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had random apps installing after software updates, until I disabled DT Ignite

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most out of your device is very important. One thing you can do is turn the applications off or disable them. Here are the steps: 

1.) Go to: Settings -> Application Manager

2.) Find the crapware app you dislike and open the app info

3.) Press "Clear Cache" "Clear Data" "Turn Off"/"Disable" & uncheck "Show Notifications"

While this doesn't physically uninstall the app from the phone, it does shut it down and removes it from the App Drawer.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes