Can my device be unlocked for international use?
ohtacomltd

Hi, I will be travelling to Africa for 2 weeks, is there a way my galaxy s4 be unlocked for me to use the phone with their GSM sim card service?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlock galaxy S4
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Your phone should already be unlocked.  You can check this if you have a friend that uses T-Mobile or AT&T.  Ask to borrow his/her SIM card for a moment to put into your phone to see if you get access to normal operations (unlocked) or are asked for an unlock code (locked).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Your phone should already be unlocked.  You can check this if you have a friend that uses T-Mobile or AT&T.  Ask to borrow his/her SIM card for a moment to put into your phone to see if you get access to normal operations (unlocked) or are asked for an unlock code (locked).

0 Likes
ohtacomltd

does it mean that it will work on European GSM Sim 900 and 1800 without any code??

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

The phone will work on GSM 900 and 1800, which will give you 2G speeds.  The specs can be found at the link below.  You can match this to the carrier that you will use at your destination.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4066

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ohtacomltd, a trip to Africa sounds exciting! Did you know that you can use that device with our Global services? http://vz.to/n9PFe9 However, if you choose to use that device with an International wireless provider, you will need to contact them directly to verify if your Samsung Galaxy S4 device is compatible with their sim card and services.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Davido78

I have a Galaxy S4 also, and you are saying that it should already be unlocked? I was told I would have to contact Verizon and get the unlock code?

0 Likes
ronaldschwartz

I took my Verizon Galaxy S4 to France this past September.  I got a free Lebara France SIM card before I left.  (See posts on getting it mailed to US for free).  When I got to France, the phone and 'SMS worked, but I could not get Data or MMS to work.  I was able to change the APN to the required settings for Lebara, but could not get data to work on my S4.  I stuck the card in my kid's unlocked Droid 2 Global (the sim card comes with an adapter for regular or micro sim), and was able to use the data function, and everything else.  Could never get it to work on the S4.  Just my experience.  Maybe it was Lebara--didn't take it to a shop to see if they could get it to work.

0 Likes