Can receive text messages, cannot send
PlanoSteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

New S4, activated earlier this evening.  I can receive text messages, but whenever I send one I get an instant "failed" displayed.  Called persons that I attempted to text and they never received the text

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can receive text messages, cannot send
PlanoSteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ended up calling support and it was determined that the SIM card was bad.  Went to the store and a new NFC SIM card was installed and that fixed the issue.  Works like a champ now.

Thanks all for your advice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you call the texted people from your S4? If so, all you should have to do is power the phone completely off and wait a few minutes, then turn it back on. After that, try the text again. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
PlanoSteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I called them from the S4, attempted the power down leave off and try again and still the same issue.  Will call Verizon when I get to work.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved PlanoSteve! Please try powering off the device and remove/insert the sim card by following here http://vz.to/1bVxcea power on and test. Please share your results. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PlanoSteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ended up calling support and it was determined that the SIM card was bad.  Went to the store and a new NFC SIM card was installed and that fixed the issue.  Works like a champ now.

Thanks all for your advice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us PlanoSteve. I am glad to hear all has been resolved and phone is working great! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need us!

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes