Can someone give directions on setting up a mobile hotspot with s3?
jeaninmt

I have a Samsung S3 phone. Can anyone suggest how to set up a mobile hotspot with it? Any idea of the charges for a 2 hour connection.

How do I know a device name and MAC address?

What does the "configure" button do?

All help or any tutorials are welcome!!!

Thanks in advance?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can someone give directions on setting up a mobile hotspot with s3?
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all it would be nice to know what plan you have. Some plans(More Everything) have the hotspot included while other plans(old Nationwide plans) have an additional charge for the hotspot.

How much the charges for a "2 hour connection" would certainly depend on the data amount you use during that 2 hours. Simply having a "connection" will incur no extra charges. Charges only accrue while transferring data during the connection.

To initiate the hotspot, you would simply go into your settings menu, under wireless networks select "more..." and then select hotspot. Turn it on, select a name for your network and I would suggest having a password as you don't want anyone else accessing your hotspot which may increase your charges.

From your other device, simply search for available wifi networks choose the one with the name you created and type in the password. Your device is now connected.

Keep in mind that having the hotspot activated on your phone will deplete the battery at a higher rate than you normally would.

Make sure you deactivate the hotspot when done so that you save the battery life on your phone.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

First of all it would be nice to know what plan you have. Some plans(More Everything) have the hotspot included while other plans(old Nationwide plans) have an additional charge for the hotspot.

How much the charges for a "2 hour connection" would certainly depend on the data amount you use during that 2 hours. Simply having a "connection" will incur no extra charges. Charges only accrue while transferring data during the connection.

To initiate the hotspot, you would simply go into your settings menu, under wireless networks select "more..." and then select hotspot. Turn it on, select a name for your network and I would suggest having a password as you don't want anyone else accessing your hotspot which may increase your charges.

From your other device, simply search for available wifi networks choose the one with the name you created and type in the password. Your device is now connected.

Keep in mind that having the hotspot activated on your phone will deplete the battery at a higher rate than you normally would.

Make sure you deactivate the hotspot when done so that you save the battery life on your phone.Smiley Happy

jeaninmt

Thank you for the reply. I think we have the More Everything plan. It's a group of family phones.
It is much easier than I thought. So now I am all set. Keeping it plugged in while its being a hotspot will fit this application, so that's good to know.

Thanks again,

God Bless

0 Likes