Can't Complete Calls to AT&T Customers
BSJR5726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently I cannot complete phone calls to any of my contacts who's carrier is AT&T AND have a 215 area code.  When I attempt to call them the phone goes from dialing to call ended.  I can send texts to them and receive calls from them but my calls will not go through.  I can complete calls to my contacts who have other carriers just fine.  I have been in touch with support twice but no real solution as of yet.  Has/Is anyone having this issue as well?

Labels (1)
Re: Can't Complete Calls to AT&T Customers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your service is not working when calling other numbers. With regard to your issues when did this start for you? Are there other customers with the same issues you've mentioned? 

0 Likes
BSJR5726
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the phone with the tech people.  They are working on it but so far I still have the issue.  The attempts so far have been a new SIM card, resetting my network and going back to my original settings.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you taking all those steps. Let's dig into this further. When was the last time you were able to successfully call one of those numbers? Do you know of anyone else who is having this same issue? What dialing sequence are you using (i.e. 1+ 10 digit number, 10 digit number only, etc)?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
Jen1961
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last time I could call any of them was on October 19.  I discovered the issue on October 20 and have made numerous attempts to get support to help me.  I have spent over 6 hours on support chat and speaking with a representative at the tier 2 level.  I have received 2 messages saying that my device and the network have no issues.

I can ONLY CONTACT 3 OF MY ATT contacts, all the rest it either immediately ends the call when I dial or I get a "call can not completed as dialed.  I can receive calls from them and can send and receive text messages, I just can't call them.

I have tried calling with the 1+10 digit number, I have tried deleting the contact and dialing the number, I have removed my sim card, I have reset the network settings.

I do not feel that resetting to factory settings would be the solution as I AM ABLE to contact a few of my ATT contacts and have NO TROUBLE with calling any other contacts.

I have even had my sister spend over an hour with ATT Tech.Support because Verizon told me it was an ATT issue.  It is NOT an ATT issue.

Tags (1)
BSJR5726
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried it all with no success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Something like thismight require a deeper look. Please send us a Private Note, so we can dig deeper for you!

BenW_VZW

0 Likes
asthp2

I experienced the same problems. I called tech support, received a new phone, sim card, went to a Verizon store, etc..., nothing worked.  But when the Call Filter Plus trial ended, I was able to make the calls I previously could not make.  

0 Likes
joy6886
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
joy6886
Enthusiast - Level 1

We're you able to get this fixed?

0 Likes