Can't S Beam Music?
Mclem27
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my S4 for 14 days and can S Beam everything but music. Is anyone else having this problem? It worked like a charm on my S3 I could even S Beam music from my S3 to my new S4 but can not get the S4 to do it........FRUSTERATED!

• I called Samsung to ask if they changed the allowance of mp3 to be S beamed and they said no, and cant figure out why it wont. Also S Beam and NFC are on.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't S Beam Music?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Mclem27

I want you to be able to enjoy your Samsung Galaxy S4 just as much as you enjoyed your Samsung Galaxy S III!  Even more so!  I recommend checking the "Nearby devices" settings in "Connections" settings:

1. From the Home screen, touch Apps ➔ Settings
then touch Connections ➔ Nearby devices.
2. Touch File sharing to turn file sharing via DLNA On or
Off.
3. Under Advanced, touch options to control how content
is shared from your device:
• Shared contents: Choose the type of content to share, from
Videos, Photos, or Music.

Ensure "Music" is checked or selected.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RicedeKrispy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue, and the advice provided did not help. No issue with pictures, which beam over just fine

Mclem27
Enthusiast - Level 2

AnthonyTa_VZW,

I am glad you tried to give me support but unfortunately it didn't work. I did everything you said and tripled check I get the S beam chime and vibe but it wont send. It wont even give you the prompt to tap the screen to send. I took my phone into my local store and they are stumped. They think its a glitch Samsung doesn't know about. So can you report it to Samsung because I have and it got me no where.  Its not just me either its been with every S4 owner I come across. I wish would have stuck with my S3, S Beaming was by far the best feature and I used it all the time to transfer music. Please let me know what you find out or if you have any tips.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RicedeKrispy,

While I'm ecstatic to know most everything seems to beam over just fine, we want music to apply as well. Currently, this is not a known issue as reported by Samsung. Additionally, if you're doing this with purchased music, it should work. What I would recommend at this point, is a hard reset to see if this changes http://vz.to/1b59FYH . Please keep us updated and we'll continue to research further.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RicedeKrispy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a workaround using WiFi Direct in this video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucb8N1I37Ao&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Ducb8N1I37Ao

RicedeKrispy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently many have this issue including the person who made the YouTube video; the relevant part is about halfway through. My phone is brand new, so I'm skeptical about a reset. The files were created by me or ripped from a CD produced by a friend, so not purchased.

Mclem27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Evan_VZW,

I am glad everything else Beams over but the one thing I really want to Beam wont and that's frustrating. I feel like no one is listening to our pleads for help just because Samsung isn't aware of any issues. People THERE IS AN ISSUE! I was reluctant to hard reset my phone and loose everything I had on it but did it just to humor you and to make sure that it did indeed fix the problem.......it didn't work, I can Beam everything but music. S3's can beam music to me but I cant return the favor. My music for the most part has been downloaded from my PC or an app, but that really shouldn't make a difference if I could Beam everything over from my S3 to my new S4. Can I suggest again that Verizon contact Samsung and report a problem?!?!?!?

0 Likes
Mclem27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you RicedeKrispy, I will give this a shot for the mean time!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Mclem27. I know how important it is to have your music with you at all times. I'm sorry your still having issues. The information provided by RicedeKrispy is great. Please keep us posted.I wanted to also provide some steps to ensure that feature to Beam is enabled.

1) From the home screen, select Apps (located in the lower-right).
2) From the Apps tab, select Settings.
3) Select the Connections tab then select the S Beam switch.
  --On (S Beam is enabled)
  --Off ( S Beam is disabled)

For transferring data between Wi-Fi Direct devices, ensure Wi-Fi Direct is enabled.

I hope the information above is helpful.

Kinquana_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes