Can't access camera after update "camera failed" message
sparkie561

Recently got a replacement phone after the screen broke, and everything was fine.  Over the weekend an update came in from Verizon and everything was fine until yesterday the camera stopped working.  Every time I touched the camera icon it would give me the message "camera failed" with the only option was to touch OK and then it would close.  We rebooted the phone and checked setting for anything that looked wrong with no success.  Later on it started working again, so I don't know if it was a glitch in the software that worked its way out or if it will happen again.  Anyone else ever have a similar problem?   Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Can't access camera after update "camera failed" message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sparkie561,

I use my camera on my personal phone all the time, so I can relate on how this needs to get fixed right away. You have come to the right place and we will be happy to address this for you. Are you using the default camera on your device? Any other features not working since the software update?

Juan D_VZW

0 Likes
sparkie561

Yes it was the default camera.  We tried different things but it didn't seem to help, then it just started working and has been working since.  I don't know if it was a software glitch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sparkie561,

Thanks for sharing the additional details. We're glad to hear that everything seems to be working now. It definitely could have been a minor hiccup or simply the application needing to be reset along with other applications being closed. Keep an eye on it and if you run into troubles get back in touch. In the meantime you can also find resources for all our devices and services by visiting www.vzw.com/support.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes