Can't answer incoming calls after PIE update
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this isn't a VZW issue since TMobile/Sprint customers are experiencing the same thing, but I'm posting here anyway.  Every since the raggedy Pie update Software Version: G955USQU5DSDA on June 8 at 11:02 am, I have been unable to answer any calls!!!  I was able to answer perfectly fine at 10:50 am on June 8 BEFORE the update without hanging up on the caller. I've had some family emergencies and haven't been able to answer any of the calls which doesn't help if you don't have the direct number to call them back at.  

If I am able to answer now, the call will only last 23 seconds max before it disconnects. No matter how I try to answer (bluetooth, vol up, swipe, tap), the call will either hang up withing seconds or thinks I told it to ignore the call.  I'm so sick of this, paying for a phone I can't even answer and VZW has no clue how to fix it (of course their resolution for everything is FDR).   I've tried clearing the cache for the phone and the Smart Call app, sliding instead of tapping, Bluetooth headset, FDR, screen off/screen on and nothing is working.  Any other suggestions? It would be so nice to uninstall this update!!  This is unacceptable not being able to receive any incoming calls since June 8 that last more than 60 seconds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't answer incoming calls after PIE update
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

System Update 26 was available for me Tue 7/24/19 and after installing, I still had incoming call issues.  I changed my Phone Dialer app and tested 4 times (5 min, 4 min, 15 min, and 30 min) so those 2 things appeared to resolve my issue which I suspected an update for the update would anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

myzzladee,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. We are troubled to hear that you are having trouble with your phone when you need it most, but we will work to get this resolved for you. Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone but we will work to get this resolved. Does the phone have any damage of any kind? That would include liquid/water damage. How are your outgoing calls working? Do they drop off immediately as well?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

So maybe the post wasn't read in its entirety.  Every since the raggedy Pie update Software Version: G955USQU5DSDA on June 8 at 11:02 am, I have been unable to answer any calls!!!  I was able to answer perfectly fine at 10:50 am on June 8 BEFORE the update without hanging up on the caller, so therefore no water damage.  The phone is in perfect condition, it's the software update that messed it up. And I believe I stated I am able to make calls out perfectly fine.  Again, the update is what is causing the issue.

0 Likes
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

FOr this ongoing issue of over 1 month, about to be 2 months, there should be a credit applied to my account for this foolishness.  Google/Samsung/Verizon need to have a come to Jesus meeting and get the customers' phones working properly as they were before this fudging update!

0 Likes
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

For this ongoing issue of over 1 month, about to be 2 months, there should be a credit applied to my account for this foolishness.  Google/Samsung/Verizon need to have a come to Jesus meeting and get the customers' phones working properly as they were before this fudging update!

0 Likes
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

System Update 26 was available for me Tue 7/24/19 and after installing, I still had incoming call issues.  I changed my Phone Dialer app and tested 4 times (5 min, 4 min, 15 min, and 30 min) so those 2 things appeared to resolve my issue which I suspected an update for the update would anyway.

0 Likes
PRiffRaff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have I Phone 6 plus the phone doesn't log incoming calls or even rings. Later may find caller number that called but my phone never rang to answer the phone. Verizon unable to explain reset phone over and over Dont use app

0 Likes