Can't connect to WIFI at work with Samsung Galaxy S5 - error message in Google
nrthstr161
Enthusiast - Level 1

I previously had the S3 and was able to connect to the WIFI at home and work with no problems. I upgraded to the S5 a few days ago. I’m still able to connect to WIFI at home but not at work. I know it’s not a problem with my work’s network because everyone else who has an older version of the Samsung Galaxy has no problems connecting at work.

My S5 is able to detect my work’s WIFI network but when I click on it to connect, it brings to me a Google page which which says “No data received” or “This webpage is not available”. When I had the S3, I would enter my work’s guest username and password when I got brought to the Google page. Whenever I leave the range of the WIFI and re-enter the range, I am supposed to re-enter the username and password due to security reasons at my work. But now I don’t even have the option to do that with the S5 because the page won’t load and I just get error messages.

I have tried all of the following trouble shooting tips and none of them have worked:

1) Changing network’s Security setting to WPA/WPA2/ FT PSK and changing the IP Settings to Static (but the phone won’t let me save the setting changes anyway)

2) Selecting to Forget the network, restarting the phone and trying to reconnect to the network

3) Restarting the phone in Safe Mode

4) Removing and reinserting the SIM Card

5) Doing a Force Stop on the ANT HAL Service, ANT Radio Service and ANT+ Plugins Service

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue with the WIFI network at work and was actually able to come to a resolution?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't connect to WIFI at work with Samsung Galaxy S5 - error message in Google
nrthstr161
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a system update a few days agk and it seemed to resolve the issue. I

had do the system update twice as it seemed there was a lot that needed

updating. Just go to settings and scroll all the way to the bottom and look

for "system updates". It won't erase anything, thank god. Hope that works

for you, good luck!

Sent with AquaMail for Android

http://www.aqua-mail.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to WIFI at work with Samsung Galaxy S5 - error message in Google
KristaD219

Hello

I have just started experiencing similar issues, however, it is with my home wifi (that I know is working correctly as I am connected on my laptop, my husband is connected on his phone and laptop). The wifi seems to work through SafeMode, but as soon as I restart the phone regularly, the wifi no longer works. This is extremely frustrating, as I didn't have issues with this a week ago.

I have read online one way to fix is a factory reset, but I feel like their should be another fix.

0 Likes
nrthstr161
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a system update a few days agk and it seemed to resolve the issue. I

had do the system update twice as it seemed there was a lot that needed

updating. Just go to settings and scroll all the way to the bottom and look

for "system updates". It won't erase anything, thank god. Hope that works

for you, good luck!

Sent with AquaMail for Android

http://www.aqua-mail.com

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KristaD219,

Being able to connect to WiFi is important and a great way to manager our data usage. Let's find out what is going on. You mentioned the phone worked while in Safe Mode. What Safe Mode does is disable all third party apps. Typically when things work in Safe Mode and not while out of Safe Mode that usually means there is an app interferring with the software. Around the time this started to not work, did you download any new apps? If yes, please delete that app, or try deleting to most recently downloaded apps to see what works. You can slowly add them back on and when it stops working, you'll know what app is causing the issue.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes