Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't connect to my home wireless network
PHIVAN47

I've had my S8+ for 4 or 5 months now and have never had any issues connecting to my home wireless network. But I inadvertently turned off wi-fi for a week or 2 and when turning it back on and trying to connect to wireless at home I keep getting "Unable to obtain IP address"

I'm not sure how I can get the ip address for my network router but I'm sure I can figure that out if needed. But I wouldn't think that would be necessary. Shouldn't the phone obtain that automatically?

Short question- What should I do to correct this?

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to my home wireless network
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Turn off the phone's wi-fi, reboot the router, then turn the phone's wi-fi back on and see if it connects.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

turned off wi-fi on the router or phone??  any other devices able to connect/use wi-fi??

you might need the name of the connection + password/key!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

PHIVAN47,

It's essential that your S9 can connect to your home Wi-Fi network. I rely on my home connections too. Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you made any recent updates or changes to your device settings? tikibar1 & bearone21 provided some great troubleshooting steps. What was the outcome of these steps?

JuanD_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes