Can't see the text suggestions for misspelled words
tbrehe

Hi-

When I use the microphone to create a voice-to-text message, sometimes the word is misspelled. The system will underline the word, and if I long press it, I will not see a list of suggestions because the background is black and the text suggestions are blacker.

The phone used to not function this way.

How do I correct this?Screenshot_20170819-070052.png

0 Likes
Re: Can't see the text suggestions for misspelled words
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbrehe

All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you. What messaging application are you using? Are you pressing the mic on the keyboard within the message app? In your screen shot I can see the suggested words, have you tried adjusting the brightness of your phone?

0 Likes
tbrehe

Hi -

Please don't waste your time or my time writing comments like these...

"All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you."

I'm only looking for a solution to this problem.

I'm using Message+ 6.4.42. The brightness level of my phone has nothing to do with this problem because the text is black and it's displayed on a black background.

This problem was introduced during an update several months back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbrehe, I apologize for that. Verizon Messages + will not have anything to do with the predictive text. You will need to make sure that the predictive text and auto check spelling is turned on. Settings>Language and Input>Virtual Keyboard>Samsung keyboard. Let me know how this works.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tbrehe

ZangY-

It doesn't appear you read my question or if you did, you don't understand it.

Please read the message in its entirety and review the image I sent.

I don't know what you call the function that shows corrections for potentially misspelled words but whatever it is, it word with an underline. When you click the underlined word, there's a black dropdown with a bunch of selected words.

You can't read the words because they are in black text and so is the background.

Prior to one of the updates, the text was white and you could actually see it.

I don't know if I can make this any simpler.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure we have a complete understanding of what is happening. In reviewing the image, I am able to see the words. To clarify, is that an image of what you were able to see prior to the update? If you use the native text messaging app on the phone, does the same issue occur? RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tbrehe

Hi-

The reason you can see the text is because I blew up the image about 3x. The important thing to notice is that it's black text on black charcoal background. On a cell phone and in the daylight, you can't read black text on a basically black background.

That should be enough right there. The text should be white! It used to be white, and then a forced update happened, and now it isn't.

Of course this isn't an image of what I could see before the update. Before the update it worked properly.

Here's how you duplicate this problem.

1. Using an S6, open Message +
  2. Create a new text
  3. In the message field, click the microphone and say "Son are you"
  4. It will usually show the word Sun (another bug) with an underline under it
  5. Long press the underlined word and it will bring up text you can't read on a black background.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbrehe, I completely understand your view in this situation as you simply want to have the ability to see the corrected spelling options. I can help. The best route to go with fixing this issue until another update comes through would be to change the keyboard being used. Would you be interested in downloading a free application via the Play Store?

0 Likes
tbrehe

Yes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect, tbrehe. Please attempt a search for a different keyboard. I do hope you find an option that works for you.

0 Likes