Can't transfer calendar data from S5 to S8
M2BACH

Got two new S8's. I was able to transfer calendar data from one S5 to a new S8 but the second S5 to S8 didn't  transfer. I've tried the Smart Switch with both cable and WiFi options. Nada.

0 Likes
Re: Can't transfer calendar data from S5 to S8
deloused
Master - Level 3

As smart switch is a Samsung program and one did sync to the new device it sounds as if the  user of one of the S5's was utilizing the Samsung Calendar App, and the other user may have been utilizing one of the many other Calendar apps made by a different developer.

For example I use another common one- Google  Calendar. Personally I like some of the functionality it provides, especially the integration into certain GPS apps, and that it compatible with multiple devices on different platforms (I've used it on Motorola, Samsung, Windows & Apple devices). I personally dislike the setups of Moto & Apple's Calendar Apps, so that was a plus for me.

But you'll probably want to check to see exactly which calendar app was used on the previous device to follow its steps to transfer to another device.

0 Likes
Re: Can't transfer calendar data from S5 to S8
M2BACH

Good thoughts but the calendar I was trying to move was made with the Samsung calendar app.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes