Can't use Samsung SIII in & around my home.
zeusthor

My 2 yr old Samsung Galaxy stopped working as in, calls were garbled &/Bought a Samsung SIII took it home, calls are garbled or dropped.  Returned cel & sim card replaced, cel reformatted, still can't use cel in & around home.  Exchanged SIII, took it home, still calls garbled &/or dropped.  This is the only cel in the house.  Visitors can use their cheap track cels here.  Was their a change to the tower that made my 2 yr old Samsung stop working w/calls & also does not allow my brand new SIII to work?

0 Likes
Can't use Samsung SIII in & around my home.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

probably

0 Likes
Re: Can't use Samsung SIII in & around my home.
rdell2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with mine.  Been into the store in Cary, NC where when they called support they actually admitted a defect in the S3 and said replace the SIM which they did.  That did not solve the problem and I called in the next time to support who replaced the phone.  That did not resolve either so they again replaced the phone and the problem still occurs.  I have also done factory resets on each of the 3 phones which did nothing to resolve either.  I have called again today and as usually you have to explain from scratch the entire issue and then get to level 2 support and do the same again as Verizon apparently does not utilize a call tracking/ticketing software very well.  When I called a week or so ago they said after each "bad" call press ### Send.  Which I did.  The tech said he would call me back on 7/18.  Big surprise that he did not.  So today I called and went through it all again and the tech is supposed to call me in 5-7 days, but I doubt I will ever hear back. I even offered to pay the normal upgrade fee to get a same or better phone.  I'm not even looking to get out of my contract unless as a last resort to get something that works.  What I think I will do now is only correspond via email so there is a trail I can provide them each time, then if needed file an FCC complaint if still no resolution.  Please do the right thing and help us Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi zeusthor,

Oh No! That definitely sounds horrible. I totally understand the importance of having great wireless service. We can most certainly investigate this. For additional assistance please follow me Matthew_VZW and then DM me with your mobile number, thanks!

Matthew_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's much easier for someone to follow and DM you if you include your full username.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rdell2013,
I want to see what is going on with that ticket. I can only imagine how you are feeling at this point, but let's see what we can do to turn that around. Please reply with that ticket number that was filed a few days ago and I will be sure to look into the resolution status.

TamaraH_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes