Re: Can you uninstall lollipop 5.0 and go back to 4.4.4 kitkat?
Tidbits
Legend

It will void the warranty last I remember. By doing so will trip Knox.

0 Likes
MoparMan1991
Enthusiast - Level 2

The question was "can I go back to 4.4.4". Yes, you can, but there may be consequences. Personally, I'd rather have a phone that works than worry about a warranty that they won't honor anyway.

Tidbits
Legend

They'll honor it as per guideline set forth by Samsung.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Got both 4.4.4 and then 5.0 this week.  It's beautiful and I like it!  I had only one minor blip when I started my hot spot through carrier app, it didn't work.  I dug out the hotspot app alone and then it worked fine.

0 Likes
MoparMan1991
Enthusiast - Level 2

Couldn't even get them to replace the charger door that fell off one of my Galaxy S5s after a couple months. I'd hardly expect them to handle something that is actually a real problem.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

MoparMan1991 wrote:

Couldn't even get them to replace the charger door that fell off one of my Galaxy S5s after a couple months. I'd hardly expect them to handle something that is actually a real problem.

If you called Samsung... They'd mail you a few replacements with instructions.  That is something Verizon doesn't have parts for.  Maybe is Samsung sent Verizon the parts then maybe Verizon could have helped you.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Tidbits is confident that going from Lollipop back to KK will trip the Knox flag. That would be bad for those that might want to leverage their warranty It's a legit concern.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The Odin the new update, or if you are feint of heart and you are on the old lollipop do a warranty exchange and you'll get the new one.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Now using Odin to put on the new one sounds like a plan.

0 Likes
MoparMan1991
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's exactly what I did. I'm in the military and my phone is a crucial part of my job. Being able to use my phone without the battery dying in the first 6 hours of work is a pretty big deal.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes