Canceled Order - No Refund
MarciaB1

Hello Community. My problem is unfortunately not new to this community. I ordered 2 new phones (S21 5G), immediately paid the upfront tax, upgrade fees of $225.24. New phones arrived quickly but surprise, surprise...the phones could not be activated unless I "upgraded" my service plan. I had been assured I could keep my current plan which is 4G, unlimited. I decided to cancel the order and immediately returned the phones per Verizon return policy. It's been nearly 4 weeks since Verizon received the returned phones (original packaging, unused, unactivated, perfect condition, etc.). UPS verified that Verizon received the phones. I have spoken to numerous Verizon reps at various levels and all have made promises that my account would be credited, updated, refunded, I wouldn't be charged a $50 restocking fee, etc., etc. None of these promises have been fulfilled. Is there no one left at Verizon who can and will actually fix this problem? Has anyone in this community forum found a way to get Verizon to cooperate and fix this kind of problem? My next bill is due in a few days and has all the "new charges" as if I am using the new phones. Oh, and don't even get me started on that whole "up to $800 for trade-ins". The billing doesn't show any hint that they were planning to give me any credit for trade-ins...of course I never sent in our old phones because I canceled the order. So basically, upcoming bills reflect the full retail cost of 2 new phones that I never activated and have returned to Verizon. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Canceled Order - No Refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarciaB1, we definitely understand the importance of having a refund that you are owed. We are happy to look into the details. To clarify, did you return the devices to our return center or at a retail store? Do you currently have an active account with Verizon Wireless?  *Joshua

0 Likes
MarciaB1

I  am an active Verizon customer. The S21's were mailed in the orginal box with prepaid UPS labels provided by Verizon to a Verizon warehouse in Fort Worth, TX. UPS verified delivery was made at 9:35AM on 12/22/2021. I followed exactly the Verizon instructions to return the phones. Last contact with a Verizon rep was on 1/11/2022 (Casie?) in "finance" and she verified that the warehouse began processing the return at 7:27AM on 1/11/2022. She provided Ticket #PH6245476. My online account does not reflect any information about this process. 

0 Likes
MarciaB1

Joshua,

Are you able to help? You identified yourself as a Verizon representative and asked for additional info, which I provided. I'd like to believe someone from Verizon is really looking into this and will fix this problem ASAP, especially given how many times I've contacted customer reps in the last few weeks. Don't just leave me hanging. Please respond as to your ability and efforts to resolve this matter.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarciaB1, I would be just as concerned and frustrated if I returned devices and waited four weeks with no refund.  This should not take any longer than ten business days and I apologize it has taken this long with no resolution.  I am here to help and we will look into this.  Can you please respond to this message when you are ready to verify your account and enter our Secure Channel to get this resolved?  -Santo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarciaB1, you have waited far too long and I am here to help. I have sent you a Private Note and can you please respond to it so we can gain access to our Secure Channel and verify your account? -Santo

0 Likes
MarciaB1

Responding to "Santo"

You asked me to verify my account but I don't know if this system is secure and you say I can enter the Secure Channel but I don't see any method to contact you via a Secure Channel. Verizon needs to communicate with me directly via my email. All I've been getting is text messages with Links to request additional information. It doesn't specify what information it needs and the Submit Button is disabled. This messaging system just goes around in circles and doesn't help. Again, a higher level live agent must contact me directly via email. There is a lengthy paper trail in your system documenting my repeated efforts to communicate with Verizon to update my account to show you received two returned S21 phones. Then correct my billing and refund my $225.24.

0 Likes