Cannot Edit APN & Cannot Add New APN, How to use the Proxy?
Sam112233

I have S6 with Android 7 and currently I need to modify APN in order to access my proxy server while using mobile data. I have to set it on APN, not just setting proxy on the browser. But the problem is I cannot modify the existing Verizon APN or adding the new one. So, how to fix that?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Edit APN & Cannot Add New APN, How to use the Proxy?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might need to a VPN connection instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize how difficult trying to get something set up on your device you're trying to use, Sam112233. Let me help you with fixing your device. Have you checked your settings to disable the automatic configuration? Here's a link for more details http://vz.to/2vkmHEB .

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sam112233

I don't need a VPN. I want to either modify the existing Verizon APN or add the new APN which I can't do neither on S6 Nougat.

0 Likes
Sam112233

I think you gave me the wrong information. I want to either modify the existing Verizon APN or adding the new one on my S6 Nougat. Just tell me how.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Wireless network uses a NAT firewall with private IP addresses. To remotely access a server on another network, it has been recommended to setup a VPN connection. This recommendation was for Jetpack devices and likely could apply to the smartphones and other devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MirBd
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your question! We want to make sure we're taking care of you and helping you with your APNs! Please, send us a Private Note, so we can help you!

*chance

0 Likes