Cannot Get Verification Code Text Messages
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

My new (1 day old) Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is not receiving verification code text messages like when I have to get'em sent to my new phone to verify the code of wherever it is coming from like Facebook, My Verizon and many other companies that have to send me a verification code to verify when it is required to verify it, is the new SIM Card faulty or what, why is this happening to the brand new phone, I don't understand one bit. Even the My Verizon from on website when I have to have a text message sent to me to allow or deny the access of my account by verifying it is not working, 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot Get Verification Code Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure those verification codes work is vital. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me some details on any error messages you receive ? Also, confirm for me what happen that made you get a new sim card?

-Rodney

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like when multiple applications need to send me a verification in order to proceed on to the next step of whatever it may be to have to verify it, when they send it, I do not get no notification pop of it at all on my phone to alert me of an notification from whatever application it come in from, even if Verizon Wireless has to send me a verification request for me to allow access into my account, I do not get a verification request from Verizon as well, like the 2 factor authentication, a Verizon Wireless chat rep tried to refresh my network setting last night by asking me for access into my account to transfer my number over onto a different SIM Card to refresh my network settings, they gave me all types of steps to do as well when they got finished on their end and was telling me how to go into settings on my phone and do this and that, 

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why am I not able to receive any kind of verification codes at all? I can receive/send some normal text and normal calls, just not the verification codes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, bradk_40.  We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, bradk_40. We have sent you a Private Note to make sure you receive the assistance you need with resolving this issue. Please send us a reply to the Private Note to continue. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok then I will send you a private note

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! Having access to send and receive messages is essential! We can take a look at the account to see what could be happening. How does that sound? *Angela

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Angela well I did this, Tuesday night I decided to get online and login into my account and change mobile number and be done and straight without having to go through that anymore of verification code issues and how about as I changed my number and been giving lots of applications my new number from email accounts to restaurants and others that sends discount and promo codes via text messages and I am now receiving them left and right as I chosed to change my mobile number to a new number, I just got my reconnected/restores last week as it was my disconnected account as I still had my old number on my disconnected account, well I do not have it anymore as that old number is on the agreement paperwork, uh oh, it sure is essential to send and receive text messages, I was able to receive regular text messages from people though and send them text messages but just not applications of other places that send me verification codes to verify I was not able to receive, and I do not have no Apple iPhone to have to be having problems anymore, as I have an new Android phone, it is that big Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, I love that phone,

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're welcome for me reaching out to yall on social media

0 Likes