Cannot activate phone - Samsung Galaxy S8
passionateprints

This happened with the phone that I had to replace. When I got the phone, it went right to the computer talker - the irritating woman who will not shut her mouth! Smiley Sad - it wouldn't let me do a thing. It took me to the "Welcome" screen where you choose a language. I chose English. It said, "English" and didn't let me even see if there were other languages available. I then clicked "Next", and it took me to another screen that said that it couldn't activate at this time and that I should contact Verizon. I did so, and a tech, her name was "Cathy", who by the way, was great because she fixed the problem that I had, which, was going any further to activate my phone, turned the computer voice off, and we got the phone activated.

The same thing is happening with this replacement. I was told by a tech when I was ordering the replacement that all I would have to do was take the old sim card out and put it into the replacement phone. That did nothing, so, I called Verizon, spoke to three different people, and each one couldn't fix the problem. The last so called tech, was "Terese". I wanted to speak with a manager, and she said that I would have to have an appointment made??????? I ended the call.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? I don't have Samsung's phone number, so, I cannot call them.

Thank you in advance.

Wendy

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate phone - Samsung Galaxy S8
passionateprints

I got the phone activated on my own. I called up Samsung after finding their number, and, after speaking with the rep there I got the phone activated. Just wanted to also let others know that it will restore everything to your phone from the other phone you used with the exception of your photos. It did this after I did a factory restore. It asked me if I wanted all of my apps back and after a few minutes, they were all there!

As for "Terese" and the other two I spoke with today, I want to apologize to you and if anyone else deals with them, they are great. I just was having a bad day, had a medical issue, and was under a lot of stress, so, I apologize to you.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate phone - Samsung Galaxy S8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello passionateprints,

We know how important it is to have a great working phone. We are glad to hear you were able to get your device working again. Please let us know if you ever need any support in the future with your new device.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes