Re: Cannot answer incoming calls
sylviat_vzw
Verizon Employee
ASTAUF1,

It’s essential we get your device working properly so you are able to pick up all of your calls. Allow us to review further into this. Can you let us know if there is any physical damage to the device? Also, have you tried doing a soft reset on your device and removing the SIM card? If not, please follow this link on how to remove/ insert your SIM card http://vz.to/2pw4N1J and share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ASTAUF1

That same night my phone fixed itself. I did nothing to correct it, so I don't know what happened. Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Astauf1, we are glad to hear your phone is now working smoothly. Please know that we are always a click away to assist. Was there anything additional that we might help with?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mexmarcy

Really, you want us to go to Twitter to get the fudging answer?  Not a chance.  And No way will I ever buy another Verizon or Samsung product again.

I am having the same problem answering my phone but it seems to answer automatically after a couple fo seconds.  This is garbage.

I cannot swipe, I cannot just tap and hold. I depend on my phone for my business. And I want the answer here, not fudging Twitter or any other social media.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as a customer. Let's clear up any confusion, reaching us on Twitter is only a different method to contact us. We are not pushing you that direction but you have that option available to you. What model Samsung Device do you have? Did anything change on the device when this issue started with not being able to answer a call?   AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
desertkub

I have the same problem with my S8. Can't answer no matter what I do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to answer a call is critical, desertkub. We’re going to do all we can to find out why your S8 is not allowing you to answer an incoming call. We noticed you posted this a couple days ago. Is this still happening? Please tell us more about this. When did it start? Does it affect every incoming call? What happens when using other apps on your S8? The more detail you can provide, the better we can narrow down what’s causing this to happen.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Shhoggarth

I cannot answer any calls

No icon or any thing in order to answer any on coming call

0 Likes
myzzladee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every since the raggedy Pie update Software Version: G955USQU5DSDA on June 8 at 11:02 am, I have been unable to answer any calls!!!  I was able to answer perfectly fine at 10:50 am on June 8 BEFORE the update without hanging up on the caller. I've had some family emergencies and haven't been able to answer any of the calls which doesn't help if you don't have the direct number to call back.  If I am able to answer now, the call will only last 23 seconds max before it disconnects. No matter how I try to answer, the call will either hang up withing seconds or thinks I told it to ignore the call.  I'm so sick of this, paying for a phone I can't even answer and VZW has no clue how to fix it (of course their resolution for everything is FDR).   I've tried clearing the cache for the phone and the Smart Call app, sliding instead of tapping, Bluetooth headset, FDR, screen off/screen on and nothing is working.  Any other suggestions? It would be so nice to uninstall this update!!  This is unacceptable not being able to receive any incoming calls since June 8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to hear you're unable to answer any calls, Shloggarth. It's extremely important you're able to answer calls, and we will do everything to help. We have some questions to gather more information. What happens when a call is received? When did this issue begin? Are you able to make calls? 

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes