Cannot connect to internet without wifi
Spenser0702dean

All of a sudden- I cannot connect my Samsung Galaxy SIII to the internet without the use of wifi !!!  Have tried every "suggestion" and so far- no luck!! Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?  It worked 2 days ago- have no idea what happened!!!

HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect to internet without wifi
dachsiepo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like a job for Verizon tech support.  They will walk you through the steps.  Bummer. Smiley Sad

I guess you already tried turning WIFI off? 

So, outside of powering down and powering back up and turning WIFI off so network will show Verizon, tech support

should help you. 

Also try taking the SIM card out and putting it back in. 

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Spenser0702dean - Time to bring back your data options and get you mobile again! Let's check your mobile data connection. Go to Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Check "Use packet data". May I also ask your zip code to reference the area for alerts. I am eager to get you back up and running!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Spenser0702dean

YaleK_VZW-

I spent over an hour online with tech support. Tried everything- took SIM card out, powered off and on and removed all downloaded apps. Kept phone on "safe mode" for a few days and still no luck!! UGH!!!!! Still no 4G!!

I did as you suggested- went to Settings>More>Mobile Network but I do not have an option of "Use packet data". When I get to Mobile Networks the only things visible on the screen are:

-Mobile data (which I have checked)

-Global Data Roaming Access

-Network Mode

-Access Point Names

Also- my zip is 45150

I am at a total loss. SO disappointed!!!

0 Likes
eReR18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. Although I didn't start having problems until after the 4.3 update

0 Likes
phlebvam1

I don't have a problem connecting to the internet without wifi, but my wifi will not connect telling me that the connection is too slow for 4 bars or greater. How do I get my wifi to work again?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are still having issues with connecting to the internet Spenser702dean. Is there anyone else with our service having issues connecting to the internet? The last step to getting this resolved is a factory reset http://vz.to/1bk6pIG . Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi phlebvam1,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Are you having trouble connecting to all wi-fi networks? When did the issue begin? From your device, have you attempted to turn your wi-fi option off and back on?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
phlebvam1

It started when I received the 4.3 update friday December 20th. It turns out that I can connect sometimes at work and all the time at home. I'm not sure about any other network at this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phlebvam1, thanks for these details. It's important to verify if you're able to connect to other WiFi networks in order confirm that this isn't a an isolated issue with your particular WiFi device. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes