Cannot find contacts in Messaging after 4.3 update
leelalynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I am drafting a message in messaging, I try to type out the contact name and it can never find the contact. I have to either start the text from the Contacts in the apps menu or from a previous message. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot find contacts in Messaging after 4.3 update
egaff13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just restarting the phone fixed that problem with our phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nothingspecial

Same thing here.  Can't find any support online either.

0 Likes
tniedo

Me too, same problem.  It seems to be coming up with the number associated with they typed letter.  For instance, if I type "B" the number 2 appears as a suggestion.  HELP!!  This is very annoying.

0 Likes
egaff13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just restarting the phone fixed that problem with our phones.

0 Likes
nothingspecial

I just restarted the phone and now it is back to normal!

Thanks for your help!

until next time.......lol

0 Likes
Cannot find contacts in Messaging after 4.3 update
leelalynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

A battery pull worked for me! Just the restart didnt do it..

0 Likes
kris9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with the OS 4.3.  A full system reset did not work and Samsung suggest flashing an old version 4.2 to the phone.  Can only be done by Best Buy that has the Samsung Experience.  Samsung said it may come back because Verizon does automatic updates to the OS and you can not turn them off.  Not sure what to do at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@leelalynn,

I appreciate you taking the time to share the helpful tips that helped you resolve the issue you were experiencing with your phone and the contacts.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thack501

I found an answer. I know this is a bit late but I just switched to verizon from att and got an S4 from an iphone. This problem just started occurring for me within the past two days. Anyways, when i switched from iphone to S4 the store asked if I wanted to import my contacts which wouldve saved me alot of time so I did. Since I have had my phone, I havent been able to link the contacts from facebook and already on my phone as one contact card; then this current problem started happening.

my solution is this, you must make a change to your contacts info and save it to your phone.

ex. John Doe

delete the "e" from the end of his name and save it

then go back in and correct it and save it

after you do this, your messages will work correctly AND you will be able to link contacts from fb to your device contacts correctly. my theory is there is something messed up in the transfer protocol when importing contacts through the store's machine.

the downside is that it is a royal pain to do this for each and every one of your contacts. I dont know the permanence of this solution as I just discovered it today but i figured I would share for everyone.

good luck!

0 Likes