Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Cannot make outgoing calls
KATBIE72

I have an Samsung Edge 7, and am in area code 02071.

The phone has worked fine for well over a year, but this evening I found I could not make an outgoing call. As soon as I dial a number I am disconnected. This goes for personal numbers, business, numbers, and voice mail.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot make outgoing calls
bearone21
Legend

area codes are 3 digits....do you have the network enabled?

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you receive calls while in Walpole? Any difference if you are in Foxboro?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that this pain goes away for you, KATBIE72. Let's make sure that your calling gets moving once more. When you are calling, do you get any kind of error code? Is this only happening in this area code? You can try a network reset to see if it solves the issue. You can find out how to do so with the link provided. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203894/

Reiniken
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, am having the same issue in Foxboro, MA. I've had VZW Wireless for 7+ years and never had a problem. Even used it in foreign countries without problems! Now, I moved to Foxboro two days ago and I cannot even call VZW customer service the reception is so bad. One bar of service on 1x, occasionally two bars. And that's on an iPhone 8, iPhone 6s, iPhone 4s, and an iPad 2. all have worked flawlessly until two days ago. Some incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. After four our five attempts from the landline, the phones will finally ring. Zipcode is 02035 and road is Foxborough Blvd. What gives VZW? All phones updated and propenly setup. Other tenants have same complaint.  ??????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you have great service, Reiniken. Are you having trouble with reception when you are outside, as well as inside? Resetting your Network Settings may improve your connection quality. You can view instructions for resetting the Network Settings on your device by following this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/. Resetting your Network Settings will cause you to lose your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, but your personal data will not be affected.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes