Cannot send video in text message to iphones after update
fromkersey

My husband and I installed the update on our Galaxy S7s a few days ago. We both sent a few different videos to our family. The ones who have iphones could hear the video, but only saw a black screen. Before the update we could send videos fine (they were the crappy videos everyone with an s7 complains about, but they could at least see something).

Obviously this is not an issue with my phone because my husband's doesn't work either. Samsung said to go to an experience store 3 hours away! Or send it in and they will restore it for us. We would be without our phones for 11 days!

How do I uninstall this worthless update?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot send video in text message to iphones after update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fromkersey

They shouldn't make faulty updates if you cannot revert to a previous version. 

There is no way that we are the only galaxy users that send videos to people with iphones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The majority of the users don't have issues with the updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fromkersey, Let's get your videos playing again. It concerns us that you are having this issue with your phone. Does this happen with all videos sent to iPhones? What happens with videos sent to android phones?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
fromkersey

Yes, it is all videos sent to iphones.  We have tried 5 different people with all different versions of iphones.

The video plays normally to android users.

We are using the preinstalled yellow messages app to send the videos.  My husband did a restore on his phone, and it did not help.  We have cleared the cache on the phones.  And even deleted all of the text message threads and had everyone on the threads do the same thing.

We have tried short, 3 second videos and have changed the file size of the videos to the smallest setting.

My husband's coworker noticed that the video was counting down instead of up like a normal video, and he wondered if that was part of the problem.  But the audio on the video was normal.

~Leslie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ fromkersey I am concerned that you are having this trouble with video messages. I do want to help you get to the bottom of this. I would like to see if this still happens when using a different message app. Please try sending a video to an iPhone while using our Message + application and keep us posted on how that works. Are you using any application to edit the video before you send it?

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes