Cannot update emergency address for wifi calling
Vzuser229

After the recent system update, I started receiving prompts on my Galaxy S8 about needing to update my emergency address for wifi calling.  Each time I tried, there was a prompt at the end telling me that the address could not be updated currently, telling me to try again later.  I tried several times over the next 2 hours and kept getting the same message.  I tried restarting my phone, but that did not help.  At this point, the notifications asking me to update the address are no longer appearing.  

I tried following instructions for updating the address based on https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201651/ and other pages, but the settings in those instructions do not match what is available on my phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot update emergency address for wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not to worry! We are here to help. We can try refreshing the Wi-FI Calling feature on our end to ensure the correct address is added to your account. How does this sound? JasonC_VZW

0 Likes
Scoobydoo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have already spent over 8 hours with verizon over the past two days for this issue.  The issue still is not corrected.. I am very frustrated.  I do not understand why this cannot be fixed. I already talked to two reps in Verizons Tier 2 support.  

MichaelKY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a Galaxy S10, and just upgraded to an S21. Neither will update emergency address for WiFi calling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your emergency address is able to be updated successfully, MichaelKY. What exactly happens when you try?

-Marshall

0 Likes
MichaelKY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a notification to set it up. When I click it, it gives me an error message: "Unable to activate WiFi Calling at this time. Please try again later.

This happens no matter how many times I try. Running Android 12 with 2.1.22 Security Patch.

Given it happened on my old phone and I used Smart Switch, I'm wondering if it brought along something corrupted, or is it something on the back end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If the device isn't connected to the network the Wi-Fi Calling feature won't work. I'm sorry we didn't provide that information already.

-Carter

0 Likes
MichaelKY
Enthusiast - Level 2

But it is connected to my WiFi.

MichaelKY
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more thing of note. I purchased a spare phone last night, and when I put the Verizon SIM card in and set it up, I'm getting the same error. Is something amiss with my account? This is a new SIM card that came w/ the S21 I rec'd about 10 days ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand this is important for you, MichaelKY. We want to look into this further. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together. 

-Gerson

0 Likes