Cant receive calls or texts from At&t users only
cen0910

I cant receive any calls or texts from any At&t users in the 580 area code. I can call/text all my contacts (including At&t users), and receive call/texts from all of my contacts, except those using At&t.

FYI - I have been an IT engineer the past 15 years and have tried every troubleshooting technique you can google. Also, I have had this number with Version for years, no newly ported number etc. 

When an At&t user calls me, it does not ring and states this user does not have voicemail setup yet, which is also incorrect, my voicemail is setup.

All that being said, It seems to be a routing or hand off issue.

Please advise

Thank you,

Chad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant receive calls or texts from At&t users only
klb3810

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
cen0910

It started sometime on Wednesday, July 28th. There were no changes I can recall. I have factory reset the phone and tried a new SIM card. I have a bunch of At&T contacts, but I have only tested 4 random ones, all with the same results.

0 Likes
cen0910

I tested 5 more contacts last night. 

2 UScelluar = Everything worked perfectly. I could call and text them, they could call and text me

1 Verizon = Everything worked perfectly. I could call and text them, they could call and text me

2 At&t = Both users cannot call or text me. However, now when they call, it says users is not accepting calls at this time. It was saying user does not have voicemail setup.

It really seems like the At&t hand off is being directed to a different number. Maybe within an application or in the routing config?

0 Likes
cubsphan23

Maybe related maybe not, but i cannot receive texts from 2 people, on att and TMobile. Just started happening 3 days ago.

Verizon tier 2 tech swears it can't possibly be on our end. He said there's  no log history of the texts ever arriving to the verizon network.  He said at the very least there would be some sort of error or reject code.

0 Likes
cen0910

Sounds like the same issue or at least root cause. 

Verizon Support - Does your team not collect specific data from us, contact at&t support and troubleshoot together?

Ex. 

Our phone # 

Phone # and carrier that cant reach us

Time & date text or call was attempted

etc?

Or do we have to contact At&t / Tmobile?

Not being an butt, just trying to get a resolution. Many of my at&t contacts are work colleagues and this is causing some major issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A Private Note has been sent, cen0910. We'll be able to work together there .

-David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated, cen0910, we sincerely appreciate it. Is it possible that you somehow inadvertently blocked their number?  ~Rachel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cubsphan23, we can certainly understand your concern. I would be worried if I was not receiving texts from two people. I can confirm that if you are able to receive texts from all other contacts then the issue is not with the Verizon Network. Please have those two contacts reach out to their carriers for further troubleshooting and investigation.  -Jacob

0 Likes