Cant send MMS on all 5 phones
LeeLisey
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem happens with all 5 of our phones, 4 Samsung androids and 1 iPhone. We're all able to send text and emojis through text messages, but everytime we try to send a pic from our album or try to send a sticker, gif, bitmoji or anything from the keyboard options it fails and says, "invalid destination address " it happens to all contacts on all 5 phones. Plus now we don't receive images that other people send to us. Verizon said there's no outages in our area. I thought about SIM card, but how could all 5 go at the same time. The tech thru chat couldn't figure it out and they took off on me mid chat. We have the most expensive plan with unlimited text and data. Can anyone please help!!?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant send MMS on all 5 phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeLisey, help has arrived. I am sorry to learn that all five devices are not able to send MMS or receive images. That does seem a bit odd that all five lines would be having the same issue. How long has this been going on with the phones?

-Kevin

0 Likes
LeeLisey
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been happening since yesterday morning. Today my mom drove to PA and she was able to send a picture to someone while there, but the rest of us in CT still can't send them. Now that shes home back to CT hers is not working again. Maybe there's a network issue in CT that verizon was unable to see yet? I have no idea what could of possible happened to affect all 5 phones at once. 

0 Likes
LeeLisey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to let you know I figured it out and this may help other people who receive invalid destination address msg. I opened my text messaging app  clicked the 3 dots on top an went to  settings > chat settings and a screen popped up saying, "something went wrong"  Then it said it there could be a block on advanced messaging and I had to call a number. She confirmed that it was blocked on all our phones and she fixed it for us. I have no idea how it randomly blocked itself...but there ya have it. 🤷🏼‍

Thank you for trying to help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LeeLisey! We're sorry about the situation, and we're happy to help. Please reply to our private note to get started.  ~Aaron

0 Likes
JCUTT

Currently experiencing the same issues on our 3 lines... No texts are being received on 1 S21 and 2 iPhones...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCUTT, we are concerned to hear you are having issues with messages on your devices. Please respond to the Private Note if you are still having issues. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
LeeLisey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you try what I wrote in one of my replies about checking to see if some how your advanced messaging was blocked? Ours blocked somehow on all phones out of nowhere. With my last experience the best thing would be to call Verizon instead of chat. The 1st guy left me mid convo and on here it takes over a day for someone to respond. Good luck! 

0 Likes