Re: Car charger doesn't charge phone after 4.3 update
abean
Contributor - Level 1

So are you stating that the official Verizon Wireless car charger is no longer a usable option with this phone? Will VZW be providing refunds for accessories purchased!?

jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

What an absolute joke. There was a reason I hate apple and now Verizon/Samsung are joining the party of restriction. Will Verizon be sending everyone Samsung car chargers that bought VERIZON branded car chargers at the absurd markups?

What person decides to update the code like this? I'd love to know the decision process so I might understand better? Were 3rd party chargers blowing up phones and causing warranty issues?

0 Likes
Nitsuj
Enthusiast - Level 3

So when I buy a samsung car charger supposedly sold to charge the S4, which only provides 700mah of power so is unable to actually charge this phone while using it, will you recant and refund ?

abean
Contributor - Level 1

So we knew the official VZW charger doesn't work.

I purchased a new charger that just arrived (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EJ4CE84/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it exhibits the same behavior as the VZW charger. It beeps like it's going to charge, but doesn't.

This is beyond horrible VZW/Samsung.

0 Likes
jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I have a Motorola one thats charged my last three phones, including this one before the update. Nada.

I need to remember to bring my usb cord into the card, since I have a usb port in the center console. Maybe that will work/suffice for car charging.

0 Likes
Nitsuj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two of the verizon branded car chargers, so....

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Well, I just did a master reset and it's still not charging ... AWESOME!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rossw56,

Having your phone receive a charge is definitely important! I'm certainly regretful for all of the frustrations this has caused. As we've recommended so far, please try a Hard Reset for your device: http://vz.to/15Bpzd9 and retest. If this doesn't work, it has been recommend to use the original charger that came with your device or any Samsung specific chargers at this time. Please keep me posted if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnashr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that this works too.  The verizon wireless charger is useless unless you plug in your samsung cable into the available usb port.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LisaRH, we don't want to insult you in any way. I apologize that once your upload the update to your device, you will be unable to revert it or remove it.

Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make your device more secure and it reduces conflict. However, it can conflict with 3rd party applications which will cause various issues. This is why it's recommended that you uninstall a few applications or master reset your device in Settings. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes