Change # of rings before Voicemail picks up on Samsung S20+
CindyStJ

My #Samsung Galaxy S20+ rings 10 times before the call goes to voicemail. How do I change the number of rings or seconds to fewer rings/seconds before going to voicemail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change # of rings before Voicemail picks up on Samsung S20+
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CindyStJ wrote:

My #Samsung Galaxy S20+ rings 10 times before the call goes to voicemail. How do I change the number of rings or seconds to fewer rings/seconds before going to voicemail?

The time from the first ring to voicemail is set at 30 seconds for everyone at the system level and can't be changed. Sometimes changing your ringtone will help reduce the time you "think" it takes before it switches to voicemail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We would be happy to help in any way we can with your voicemail. The last thing we want is for you to miss any important messages. The number of rings before the calls is sent to voicemail is systimatically added to your line and cannot be changed. Have you noticed if this has changed since you have had your S20+? ~Roger

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CindyStJ wrote:

The time from the first ring to voicemail is set at 30 seconds for everyone at the system level and can't be changed. Sometimes changing your ringtone will help reduce the time you "think" it takes before it switches to voicemail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.