Consistent App has crashed message
crd555

This has never happened for me before.  I pulled the SD card out as instructed, powered down my phone.  Still no luck.  Looks like this is an issue today.  What happens now?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Consistent App has crashed message
Sofupunx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got done with support and found a fix. 

I did some digging online and it appears that if you uninstall the update to the Android Webview this fixes the problem. Please go to your Settings > Application Manager > App Info > Android Webview > then click on the three dots in the corner and uninstall all updates. Please let me know how that goes. - Ellisandra

Sofupunx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thia is what support sent me and fixed the issue

I did some digging online and it appears that if you uninstall the update to the Android Webview this fixes the problem. Please go to your Settings > Application Manager > App Info > Android Webview > then click on the three dots in the corner and uninstall all updates. Please let me know how that goes. - Ellisandra

dschombert

I don't even have Android Webview....any other suggestions?

0 Likes
thadmorrow
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
MEOL76
Enthusiast - Level 1

wow, that worked!  Thank you @Sofupunx 

chadly10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for me too. Somebody is gonna get a lashing for this stupid update. Thanks! 

0 Likes
giantwheel2000

Same for me I have an S6 Galaxy Edge, I don't have a Android Webview? What should we do instead??? HELP, having this issue since 4:30pm PST

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see that you don't have the Android WebViewer app. What is the make and model of your phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome. We're so glad it worked!

0 Likes