Contact Direct Dial Widget not working w/ Google Now Launcher
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

After upgrading to Marshmallow, I find that the direct dial widget for a specific contact will not work with the Google Now Launcher. The other options of messaging or creating a quick access to a specific contact works. Sounds like a Now launcher bug as the direct dial works fine in Touchwiz. Anyone have some suggestions or info?

0 Likes
Re: Contact Direct Dial Widget not working w/ Google Now Launcher
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZHaving a direct dial widget is awesome HBlain.Are you unable to see the option? What happen when you try to use it?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating to Marshmallow, I find that trying to use a widget for direct dial of a phone number via Contacts will not work. I get "App isn't installed" message at the bottom of the screen.

Using a direct message widget for SMS works just fine and so does in bringing up Contacts, which brings up a mini contact card.

With the native Samsung TouchWiz launcher the direct dial widget works just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies, HBlain! I know that it can be a bit upsetting when features change or are removed after an update. It seems that the direct dial option is no longer available in Contacts with the use of a widget in this new version of the software.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle please re-read the post. I said that it does work with the Samsung native Touchwiz system, but the direct dial widget will not with Google Now's launcher.

0 Likes