Content filters for Galaxy S7
lyon6976
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family just bought the new Galaxy S7, and I want to put content filters on my 14 year old son's phone... it's saying this phone is not compatible with the service.  I need to know what can be done.  Will Verizon make the content filter service compatible with these new phones?  Something needs to be made available.

0 Likes
Re: Content filters for Galaxy S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important the content filters can be. Is the device connected to Wi-Fi? The content filters are only applicable when the device is connected to the Verizon Wireless network.

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
lyon6976
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now we're at home, so yes, it is connected.to wifi.. when I got on MyVerizon online, it said content filters were not compatible with this phone.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Ive said it before and have no problem saying it again.

IF a child cannot be responsible enough to not peruse sites that they shouldn't then they should not have a smartphone. It is not a cell phone providers responsibility to do parenting.

lyon6976
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then it's a good thing nobody is saying it's Verizon's responsibility, thank you... it's ours, as parents, which is why I'm looking for.content filters.. they were there on his old phone, and now that we upgraded, the filters are unavailable. 

But, yes, I do think, that in today's technological age, there needs to be content filters available so parents CAN protect their kids.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

AActually there is. It's called a flip phone. A non smart phone. There is no law written that says a minor needs to have a smartphone.

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

lyon - We were in that same boat as parents and found that the Net Nanny for Android application works really well--http://bit.ly/1ZktPZn. It's like $13 a year for one device. You'll also want to setup the Play Store for content restrictions as well.

Hope this helps,

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lyon6976, keeping your children safe is a challenge with all of the technology available to them, As a mother of 3, I know that there is always something new out there. One great option with the S7 is the Play Store filter. This may be set up by:

Opening the Play Store

Pulling out the menu from the left and opening Settings

Under User Controls look for Content Filtering

Tap on Content Filtering and you will see options to select the correct settings for your child

0 Likes