Continuous spam calls
mpudlow37

This morning I started getting a continual barrage of spam calls. I'd reject one, and another would immediately pop up. I shut my phone off for a few hours and it was OK for awhile, but then started again. Verizon tech support chat suggested someone put my number on a list and that I might have to change my number. I've had it for many years and would like to not get a new number. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Continuous spam calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer, I sincerely understand your dilemma, mpudlow37. I have had the same number for a number of years and I know how important it is to keep the same number. 

Nothing would make me happier than providing you with a way to stop unsolicited calls, but we do not have any way to prevent anyone (or any company) from calling your phone number. We offer an option to minimize unsolicited calls that we call Call Filter. You can get just the basics (spam detection, blocking, and reporting) for free, or you can subscribe to Call Filter Plus for all that and more for $2.99 per month per line, or $7.99 per month for accounts with 3 or more eligible lines. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/) for details about the Call Filter feature. Please use this feature and let us know if those unsolicited calls get under control.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes