Cracked my screen!
Rackinashzure
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need help. I just literally dropped my phone and cracked the screen. I had preordered the Samsung Galaxy S8+ which arrives next week. Now the kicker is...I only paid off 50% of the Galaxy S7.

I went through insurance by ProtectCELL, but sadly I had no notification that my insurance was up for renewal. So no insurance. BUT I did have a Gadget Guard screen protector on it - sadly my screen still cracked.

Would I still be able to get the S8+ while paying off the rest of the S7? Help me please! This is the first time I've ever cracked my screen or had anything like this happen in my life!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cracked my screen!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Rackinashzure. A cracked screen is the worst. We're truly sorry to hear this happened right before sending in your device for an early upgrade. If you keep the new phone, the system will bill you for the remaining installment in full on your original device. This charge will be billed as one total on your billing statement. You do have a 14 day worry free guarantee to send back the new phone and continue using your original device on the device payment to continue monthly installments on the original phone. If the screen is repaired outside of insurance options. It would void the warranty on the device and you would be billed the remaining balance of the phone once it is shipped in. Do you have insurance through Asurion insurance at all?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Rackinashzure
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, it's just the screen that had cracked. The LCD part is 100% FINE!

Could I get the screen repaired then still trade it in?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Rackinashzure. A cracked screen is the worst. We're truly sorry to hear this happened right before sending in your device for an early upgrade. If you keep the new phone, the system will bill you for the remaining installment in full on your original device. This charge will be billed as one total on your billing statement. You do have a 14 day worry free guarantee to send back the new phone and continue using your original device on the device payment to continue monthly installments on the original phone. If the screen is repaired outside of insurance options. It would void the warranty on the device and you would be billed the remaining balance of the phone once it is shipped in. Do you have insurance through Asurion insurance at all?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is likely you will have to pay off the full amount for the Galaxy S7. The only repairs which are authorized if you are to trade in at 50% device payment would be Asurion insurance and repairs performed by a Samsung authorized location. Bringing your device in to a mall kiosk would get you a new screen but would likely result in a required payment when returning the device for trade in and you would not get the device back.

Your best bet, unfortunately, would be to pay off the device in full and try selling it yourself via a site such as swappa.com.

Good luck.