Custom contact notification sounds gone
KATWAL47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently updated my phone and afterwards I saw that my contact custom notification sounds were gone. I went into contact settings and no longer see the NOTIFICATION bar to set it. This is not the contact ringtone which is still there. Anyone have this issue after the update?

Re: Custom contact notification sounds gone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
KATWAL47
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have S8

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATWAL47, having customized ringtones for contacts saved on your phone is definitely a great feature to have. I want to make sure that you are on the right path to setting these ringtones just like how they were before the software update. Were these pre-installed ringtones that came with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or were these customized ringtones that you purchased and downloaded? Can you please describe how you set up these ringtones to your contacts prior to the software update? 

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

NRGDC
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pre-installed message tones are gone now and not available to reset either!

Sherwooddoggie
Enthusiast - Level 1

The customized ringtone option is still there, but the customized messaging tones for contacts is gone. I use this a lot to separate texts from my work contacts vs. texts from my friends/family. I never get phone calls, I don't care about being able to have different ringtones for anyone. But I need to be able to have a different text tone for people, even if it's the pre-installed stuff. Any chance of that coming back vzw_customer_support​?

SHACRO92
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use it as well.  Any hope in recovering this lost functionality?  Has this been disclosed prior to the update I WOULD NOT HAVE UPDATED

KATWAL47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a S8 and am using the messges app, the yellow envelope. To further clarify, this is NOT about ringtones. This is about txt message notification sounds. In the individual contact EDIT there is no longer a drop down to set a custom sound

NRGDC
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be nice to get some feedback on this problem and when it will be fixed.?

Grammy678
Enthusiast - Level 2

WE ARE NOT ASKING ABOUT CUSTOM RINGTONES!!! WE ARE ALL ASKING ABOUT TEXT MESSAGE TONES!!!! I HAVE 8S until this update this morning I knew who was TEXTING me because I had individual message tones now I don't. We have all gone to edit contact to find the problem but the option to set up message tone does not show up anymore!! How can WE fix this?? I have had this feature for years on all my galaxy phones!! I just want my individual message tones back.