Customize notification sound bringing up different contact. Galaxy S22.
RB40677

Just moved to S22 from S21 and having a problem customizing notification sounds for specific contacts in Message+. Some contacts it works fine. Other contacts, however, when choosing the 3 buttons in the upper right, then customize, then notification sound it then brings up a totally different contact and reflects their customized sound. So now I'm receiving notification sounds for a different contact and it won't seem to fix itself no matter how many times I try. I have deleted message threads and contacts in attempt to reset with no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customize notification sound bringing up different contact. Galaxy S22.
Screenname05

Don't have this problem, but Verizon has modified the S22 software, and blocked functionality.  For example - the "Call & Text from other devices" does not even appear in the Advanced Features as it does on other Samsung devices.  I have discussed with both Samsung and Verizon Technical support - both say there is noting anyone can do about the problems as they cannot change the functionality or features on the phones Verizon sells.  This is a basic reason to never buy a device from Verizon, they meddle, for their own benefit.  Better to buy the device from the manufacturer or Amazon.  Then you can at least depend on it only having the normal problems.  Even the corporate Verizon rep at the local store said he buys his devices directly from Samsung, and doesn't have any of these problems. 

0 Likes
RB40677

I bought my device directly from Samsung so I'm assuming it's just an issue with the Verizon message+ app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to be able to customize your notifications, RB40677. We are here and happy to help. Let's gather some more information. Are all your apps, and device software up to date? Are the contacts that have issues saved to your device using a different method (like saved to email, directly to the phone, etc.)?

*Rebecca

0 Likes
RB40677

Everything is up to date and all my contacts are synced to my email. 

0 Likes
Pricekris

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm currently having the same problem. 

0 Likes
RB40677

I was able to fix it by going into the message, tap the 3 dots in the upper right,  click customize, click reset to default, back out, get back into the message, go to customize and set the tone you want. Seems to be working so far.

0 Likes